We are a small business oriented law firm located in downtown Vancouver, with a practice focused on corporate / commercial, real estate, estate planning and intellectual property matters, arising in both a domestic and international context.
We are looking for a law school graduate (i.e. J.D., LL.B., LL.M.), to perform legal assistant duties and to conduct basic legal research and document production assignment.
The successful candidate for this position will possess strong analytical and communication skills combined with well developed attention to detail.
The job responsibilities will include, document preparation (including incorporation documents and wills and estate planning documents) and drafting correspondence and other documents, as well as filing documents internally and with government registries and related agencies. Other duties may include setting appointments, performing BC Online and other online registry searches, client billing matters, blog updates, and other general office administration duties.
The duties, will be as follows:
- Legal research in the areas of corporate / commercial, real estate, estate planning and intellectual property matters;
- First draft preparation of various simple and more complex legal agreements, resolutions and related transactional documentation, inclusive of documents and agreements relating to tax driven transaction and reorganizations;
- Research on procedural matters related to corporation, society, not-for-profit, charity and partnership formation, governance and compliance and related document drafting and client communications;
- Research on law and procedure relating to intellectual property (including trademarks, copyright, licensing, technology transfer and assignment matters), estate, trust and probate matters, and real property (residential and commercial) matters and related document drafting and client communications; and,
- Assisting senior lawyers and other personnel within the firm, in a junior or supportive capacity.
This position is idea for an individual with strong problem solving abilities combined with the ability to work unsupervised and able to act in a proactive manner to prioritize work assignments.
This position is posted for immediate placement. Given the nature of this position, we are seeking individuals that currently possess a law degree. Consideration will be given to candidates with a NCA Certificate of Qualification, or those that are eligible for NCA qualification. There is a possibility of artilces, for the right candiate, based on further agreement.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your cover letter/email, resume, transcripts, reference letters, by reply email. Please also advise of your general availability and salary expectation (expressed as an hourly rate). We thank all applicants for their submissions, however only those shortlisted will be contacted. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org